18 March 2010

Shadow's Edge

So my guild is awesome and very generous. By the time I logged in on Saturday night (roughly 18 hours after we killed Rotface) we had already collected and additional 10 Primordial Saronite, for a total of 19. I had enough cash and emblems to get 5, so I was sitting at 24 as we set ourselves up for Festergut.

The Hate Tank was going as his rogue, mostly to establish a baseline DPS that everyone should be beating, and we had our DK who switches as a tank. Gave it a couple tries, and things really weren't going well, and DPS was quite a bit lower than expected. The DK switched back to DPS, Hate Tank went and got his warrior, and we switched a DPS to heals. Only realized about now that we hadn't had a melee haste buff in the raid, so all the melee were lacking their normal 20% boost to white damage (and in my case, seal damage as well). The DK switching solved this, since he is DW frost for DPS, and about 2 minutes into the fight things were looking okay. None of us had expected before this attempt to down him right now, since we had 7 healers, but my time to die addon showed Fester going down within a couple seconds of the enrage timer. Given that DPS will usually get a little higher towards the end of the fight (execute-type mechanics), it seemed like a real shot. Lo and behold, the big bastard dropped and I had my second blood.

Because I am an idiot, I had to go do the little event to get Light's Vengeance (Arthas' old hammer) so the guild took a quick break and rustled up one more saronite for me. Turned the quest in, and all of a sudden I had it. As Jong (I hope he comes back to writing about Ret) would put it, I got me a new sexy time. Well actually I had to turn the quest in, hang out for a minute, pick up a new quest, and turn THAT in. Mograine took his sweet time giving me my new axe. Then we cleared some stuff, got up to about 50/1000 souls for the quest, not a bad start.

Monday night I joined a pug for ICC 10, we cleared some stuff, WFS didn't drop (and at most ONE person would have rolled against me, bah!). Got myself exalted with Ashen Verdict, finally, and got my soul count up to almost 200. Going to try and get a rep run or two in for the extra souls, but I think I should finish before we are taking Putricide down regardless. Also, I wish people in pugs knew how to listen better. If I say "Ranged MUST ALWAYS stay at range" when I am effectively raid leading because the actual RL doesn't know shit, maybe don't run in and wipe us with the Vile Gas spam? It's really not that hard a concept to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment